Victim / Witness Assistance

According to the Revised Code of Washington, all victims of crime have certain rights to which they are entitled, this is called the Crime Victims Bill of Rights. In addition, child victims have additional rights provided by the Child Victims Bill of Rights.


Restitution may be available to victims of crime who have been injured or had damage to their property. In order to request restitution, a victim must complete and submit a Restitution Estimate form along with any bills, receipts or estimates for damages.

Please be advised that restitution can only be ordered for those losses directly attributed to the crime for which a defendant is convicted. Restitution is not guaranteed, nor can we guarantee the amount you will receive and/or the time in which you will receive it. Please be advised that it is unlikely that you will receive a lump-sum payment for your restitution.