Secure Medicine Return drop boxes are located across Clallam County.
There will be no fee for medication disposal charged at the point of collection.
- Sequim Police Department
- QFC, Sequim (Coming soon!)
- Port Angeles Police Department
- Clallam County Sheriff's Office
- Jim's Pharmacy, Port Angeles
- Chinook Pharmacy, Forks
- Forks Police Department
There are two mail-in Secure Medicine Return options besides the drop boxes:
- Request an envelope be sent to your home
- Pick up your envelope at one of four North Olympic Library System (NOLS) locations
- Clallam Bay
- Port Angeles
Types of Medicines Included in the Secure Medicine Return Program
- Human and pet medications in any dosage form, except for those listed below, in their original container or sealed bag - this includes controlled substances
- Pre-filled auto-injectables (such as EpiPens) are accepted via mail-back envelope only
- To protect your privacy, please remove any labels with personal information
- Herbal remedies, vitamins, and supplements
- Cosmetics or other personal care products
- Pet pesticide products
- Medical devices, batteries, or mercury-containing thermometers
- Illicit drugs
Syringes and sharps from household or pet use can be put in a hard-sided plastic container, like a 2-liter bottle, labeled in large, preferably red print "Danger-Contains Sharps", and thrown in the garbage.