Road / Right-of-way Vacation

A road or right-of-way vacation is governed by R.C.W. 36.87 and Chapter 9.04 of the Clallam County Code. Vacation is a process where landowners can have the public's interest in roads or right of ways removed. The rights and interests of private individuals may still encumber the road or right of way that is vacated. These private individuals are those who typically abut the road or right of way that is vacated, who have historically used these roads for access, or who own land in the same plat. Utility easements may also still encumber the areas vacated. What is given up is only the right of the general public to use the vacated road or right of way.

For Questions Contact Us

(360) 417-2555