Tax Foreclosure Sales
2023 Tax Foreclosure Sale will be held virtually on www.publicsurplus.com
Sale will open 9:00am November 10 and close 9:00pm November 12, 2023.
This page was updated on 8/31/2023
The next tax foreclosure sale will be held virtually, opening on November 10 at 9:00am and closing on November 12, 2022 at 9:00pm.
A list of parcels subject to the tax foreclosure sale in 2023 will be published in the Peninsula Daily News on August 25, 2023. The original list of properties listed on the Certificate of Delinquency originally filed with the Court will be available after publication date. A link will be provided below, once information is available.
Disclaimer for Foreclosure Sales
Please remember these are buyer-beware sales. It is entirely your responsibility to research any property you consider bidding on. Title reports on the subject properties are available for review in the Clallam County Treasurer's Office as they become available; and will be available on line (see link below) closer to the date of sale.
The tax foreclosure sale properties are offered on a "whereas" and "as is" basis, and the County makes no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, nor any guaranty of warranty, expressed or implied, as to the condition of title to any property, nor the physical condition of any property or its fitness for any use or purposes. Bidders are further advised that certain properties may be subject to easements or use restrictions set forth in the Covenants, Rights, and Restrictions of certain plats, as well as in zoning and other land use controls. Certain properties may be, or contain, "wetlands" or other "critical areas," or may be designated as "Open Space", "Open Area," "permanent Open Area," "Common Area," or similar designations, and as such, may be subject to restrictions which include, but are not limited to, prohibitions on placing improvements on such properties. Bidders are further advised that Clallam County does not warrant or make any express or implied representations regarding the physical condition of any property including, but not limited to, whether the property is contaminated with hazardous waste or contamination from any source.
It is the bidder's sole responsibility to make any determination for usability and fitness for any intended use. This sale will be conducted virtually on the Public Surplus site. Please make sure to read the Terms and Conditions of this sale thoroughly. View the Clallam County Foreclosure Sale - Public Surplus.
Additional Auction Information
- You must become a registered bidder through Public Surplus in order to bid on this auction, if you have questions or issues please use the chat feature or reach out to Public Surplus directly. We do not manage the website and will not respond to emails or inquiries regarding the website or setting up of your public surplus account.
- Viewing only period on Public Surplus is until the sale begins. You cannot bid prior to the sale opening. Please pay attention to the start and end times of the auction. We will not respond to emails and inquiries regarding this process.
- Each property will have a $500 deposit required to bid. You will be prompted to do this at the time you place your first bid (after the sale is open). This is the only payment accepted by debit/credit card. All deposit funds will be returned unless you default on your purchase. This credit card hold will not go toward the purchase price of the property.
- Each property will have a $225 Administrative fee (subject to change) added to the price of the sale which covers: deed preparation, excise preparation, excise fee, and recording fee.
- Public Surplus charges a buyer premium of 5% of the total sale price, payable by the buyer at closing.
- Final payments will be accepted by Wire Transfer only, winning bidders will have 3 business days to complete this transaction or they will be in default.
- Bidding will begin for all parcels at 9 am November 10, 2023, and will end at 9 pm. November 12, 2023; We will not respond to emails or inquiries asking why bids cannot be placed prior to the auction opening.
- Treasurer reserves the right to reject any bid or offer, and reserves the right to pull any property from the sale up to and including after the bidding has ended.
- Treasurer further reserves the right to relist or reoffer any property as necessary to complete the sale process.
Updated Property Listings and Information
- CURRENT FORECLOSURE LIST -- Updated 09.15.2023 ** will be updated every Friday beginning 09.08.2023
- 2023 Certificate of Delinquency
- United States (IRS) Answer (2012) (PDF) - This document outlines the "Interests of the United States" in the Federal Tax Liens that encumber a number of the Tax Foreclosure Parcels. If you have any further questions regarding the "Interests of the United States" or the impact of Federal Tax Liens on Tax Foreclosure Parcels, please contact either the United States Attorney's Office (whose contact is contained in the Answer) or consult an attorney of your choosing. Please note that the Clallam County Treasurer's office is not in a position to answer any questions regarding Federal Tax Liens.
- 2022 FORECLOSURE - List of Properties Sold with Sale Price
If Your Property Is in Foreclosure
2020 (and prior) year with any foreclosure fees are due in full. You are allowed to pay the oldest year until August 24, 2023.
August 25, 2023 to November 9, 2023 (4:30pm) day before the sale - all tax years with any foreclosure fees are due in full to be able to remove your property from foreclosure proceedings.
We can only accept certified funds i.e. cash, cashier's check, money order, or card payments collected in office only. Absolutely no personal checks or online payments will be accepted as certified funds. You have until 4:30 pm the day before the sale (November 9, 2023) to pay and redeem your property. Please contact our office 360-417-2344 for updated balance.
Foreclosure Property Title Report
2023 TITLE REPORTS FOR REMAINING FORECLOSURE PROPERTIES (properties will be removed as they are redeemed)
2023 Title Reports:
PID# 3686 Title Report - Dawley
WILLIAM & MONICA (MILEM) HUST
PID# 32106 Title Report - Hust
MARY CYR (SULLIVAN)
PID# 39695 Title Report - Cyr/Sullivan
HAROLD & G. DARLENE LAYMAN
PID# 48096 Title Report - H/D Layman
HAROLD & G. DARLENE LAYMAN
PID# 52278 Title Report - H/D Layman 2
PID# 58854 Title Report - Breitbach
PID# 59204 Title Report - Fredricksen
ESTATE OF MARGARET BREEDEN
PID# 62501 Title Report - Breeden