Title Transfers

To apply for a title on a vehicle or vessel the new owners will need the following items:

  • Proof of Ownership:
    • Manufactured Statement of Origin (for brand new vehicles)
    • Title properly released by all legal and registered owners
    • Affidavit in Lieu of Title/Release of Interest Form
    • Special circumstances
      • Abandoned Vehicle Report (AVR)
      • Notarized release of interest (for 3-year registration only)
  • Proper Identification:
    • Valid Washington Driver's License
  • Bill of Sale
  • Odometer Disclosure - Only for vehicles 9 years old or newer
    • Federal law requires the disclosure of vehicle mileage on an odometer disclosure statement when transferring ownership on a motor vehicle 9 years old and newer. Odometer disclosure statements must have a secure printing process. Disclosures must show on the certificate of title or on a separate secure odometer disclosure form
  •  Title Application:
    • Notarized signatures of all registered owners to be shown on the new title

Since a title transfer requires a notarized or certified signature of the new owners, it is not possible to process these on the Internet.