How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?

There are two methods. The first and best is to register through the Washington Statewide Victim Information and Notification Service. You can register online or by phone. To register online, go to Vine Link's website and click on Washington State. Follow the directions. To register by phone, call 877-846-3492.

The other method is to contact the Clallam County Prosecutor's office and request to speak to the victim/witness coordinator, and they can notify the jail on your behalf. You will not be notified unless you register through one of these methods. There is no automatic notification unless you register.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime?
2. I am a victim of a crime. Do I have any rights?
3. Will I have to testify?
4. Can I drop the charges?
5. I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?
6. When will I receive my restitution?
7. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
8. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
9. Can someone attend the interview with me?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How do I know when and where to go to court?