How do I report a crime?

All crime reports should be made to the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction over the city or county area where the crime occurred. For example, if your house was burglarized in the city limits of Port Angeles, then the Port Angeles Police Department has jurisdiction. If your house is outside city limits in the unincorporated areas of Clallam County, then the Clallam County Sheriff's office has jurisdiction.

For emergency calls where the crime is in progress, call 911.

To report a non-emergent crime that has already occurred, please call the law enforcement agency where the crime occurred. If not known, then call 360-417-2459.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime?
2. I am a victim of a crime. Do I have any rights?
3. Will I have to testify?
4. Can I drop the charges?
5. I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?
6. When will I receive my restitution?
7. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
8. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
9. Can someone attend the interview with me?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How do I know when and where to go to court?