Support Services


The Support Services Section handles a diversity of responsibilities. The direct services provided by the Criminal Records and Civil personnel are in the primary areas of criminal records, civil process, sex offender registration, concealed pistol licenses, and firearm purchase approvals. The Administrative personnel are responsible for the areas of payroll, budgeting, accounts payable and receivable, inventory and supplies, contracts, and grant application and administration.

Criminal History & Citations

Adult Criminal History Record Information

Per the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 10.97, Washington State Criminal Records Privacy Act, this agency does not disseminate Washington State criminal history record information. Washington State Patrol is the repository for such information. Courts may also be contacted for records held in each court.

Criminal history record information maintained by Washington State Patrol (WSP) may be obtained as follows:

  • Online for a cost to you of $10. A notarized letter may be requested from WSP for an additional $5.00.
  • By written request on the WSP form for a charge of $35.00 and you may purchase a notarized letter for an additional $5.00. Blank forms are available in our office for this purpose.
  • If you are required by someone to provide your Washington State criminal history record check based on your fingerprints, our agency can take your fingerprints for $10.00. However, you must mail the prints to the State Patrol at:
    P.O. Box 42633
    Olympia WA 98504-2633
    You will need to send their fee for processing fingerprints and may contact them at 360-534-2000 and press option 2 to ask about their current fee and requirements.

Records maintained by the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office may be obtained as follows:

  • Personal Criminal History Record: The fee is $10.00 and we will need to see a photo ID. Your request will be handled as a public records request. The report will only show records of the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office and does not include police departments in Clallam County.
  • For a letter from our agency verifying that you have no criminal history in the unincorporated areas of Clallam County only (excluding police departments in Clallam County),
    • The fee is $10.00 for the record check and we will need to see a photo ID.
    • Additional $5.00 if you need the letter notarized.
  • Criminal history information maintained in Clallam County Superior Court and District Court 1 is available on computer terminals located in their lobbies on the 3rd floor of the courthouse.

If you believe your Washington State criminal history record is incorrect, you may request a Review or Challenge of your record. You can download the following form and submit the form, along with fingerprints, to the Clallam County Sheriff's Office during business hours. Fingerprints can be completed at the Sheriff's Office Monday through Friday, 1 pm to 3 pm, at a cost of $10.00.

Juvenile Criminal History

All requests for juvenile criminal history records or other juvenile information must be submitted to: 
Clallam County Juvenile Services
1912 W 18th Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362

Phone: 360-417-2282
Juvenile Services Page

Traffic Citations

Clallam County District Court
223 E 4th Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362

Phone: 360-417-2351
Courts of Clallam County Page

Domestic Violence

The Sheriff’s Office firmly believes that a community that educates itself is a safer and healthier community. Therefore, we are providing the following information and resources in order to help you understand domestic violence and avoid the fear and danger associated with it.

The Clallam County Sheriff’s Office is committed to your safety and the safety of your family. If you feel your life or safety is in jeopardy, do not hesitate to call 911 immediately! If not an emergency, call our 24-hour a-day dispatch at 360-417-2459 to report the violation and speak to any one of our deputies who are trained to handle domestic violence issues.

Harvesting Permits

A specialized Forest Products Harvesting Permit is required when harvesting and/or transporting the forest products listed in the guide.

There is no cost for this permit (RCW 76.48).


  1. Must be picked up at the Sheriff’s Office.
  2. Must be signed by the person hauling the product upon application.
  3. Require a driver's license or valid picture ID.

Please review the Harvesting Permit Guide (PDF) for more information.

Request for Proposals (RFP)

The RFP period for the Single Station Shower/Restroom Combination Trailer for Sheriff’s Office has concluded. Sealed bids were opened Tuesday, September 22nd, and passed to the Sheriff’s Office for review and recommendation. The Bid Tabulation (PDF) is the cumulative results. Based on these results, NRT Emergency Site Solutions is the vendor selected to receive this contract. Thank you to all those involved in this process.