Homelessness Task Force
Role & Purpose
The Role and Purpose of the Homelessness Task Force (HTF) is as stated by the Board of Clallam County Commissioners Resolution 85, 2005. This committee will follow Clallam County Policy and Procedure 952 - Boards and Committees except as amended by these bylaws.
The HTF does not have the authority outside of its jurisdiction to enforce policy or create rules.
The HTF provides an important link between the public and the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC). Task Force members provide important information about community needs and opinions that can affect Clallam County policies and lead to improved services for county citizens dealing with issues of housing or homelessness.
Shelter Provider Network meetings take place on the third Wednesday of every month. For location and time, call 360-452-4737.
Mission & Vision
The Clallam County Commissioners established the Clallam County Homelessness Task Force in 2005 to serve as an advisory committee to the Board of Commissioners to advise and recommend on issues relating to the10-Year Plan to End Homelessness in Clallam County by 2015.
Decent, affordable housing is a basic human right for everyone, we are resolved to end homelessness in Clallam County.
Further Purpose & Responsibilities
Planning & Goal Setting
Planning the expenditure of available funding based on goals set in recognition of the community needs.
Communication with the BOCC
The HTF advises the BOCC on various issues of concern to people experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness.
The HTF performs an Oversight Role regarding the work addressing homelessness issues in Clallam County. They also assist in providing oversight of the services and programming offered. HTF also provides an avenue for various community members to voice their concerns and suggestions for services to people experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness. The HTF is also responsible for identifying long-term issues and recommending initiatives to respond to them.
Inform & Educate Community Members
Members of the HTF assist Health and Human Services (HHS) staff in monitoring and evaluating the various programs that receive public funds to address homelessness issues in Clallam County.
Members of the Homelessness Task Force
- Promote diversity, civility and unity in discussions and decisions
- Take responsibility for educating themselves about the needs and preferences of people experiencing homelessness
- Listen to the community for information that may be of value to the work of the County and communicate that information to the HTF and/or HHS staff
- Bylaws of the Homelessness Task Force (PDF)
- Clallam County Homeless System Needs and Gaps Report 2021
- Homelessness Task Force 5 Year Plan
- Information About the Homelessness Task Force (PDF)
- Ordinance 829 (PDF)
- Serenity House 2023 Annual Report - Clallam County (PDF)
- Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness - Original (PDF)
- Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness - Updated September 2014 (PDF)
- Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness (PDF) - Revised October 2010 (PDF)