All Board of Health meetings are open to the public.
The purpose of the Clallam County Board of Health is to supervise all matters pertaining to the preservation of the life and health of the people of Clallam County and to comply fully with the requirements of all applicable chapters of Title 70, Revised Code of Washington.
The Board of Health shall:
- Collect, analyze and disseminate to the community in a timely manner, through the Clallam County Health and Human Services Department, information about community health conditions, risks and resources, and the availability of resources to address identified problems.
- Enact such rules, regulations and policies as are necessary to preserve, promote and improve the health and behavioral health status of Clallam County residents, and guide the allocation of appropriate and necessary public health resources.
- Assure that necessary, high quality, effective foundational public health services are available for the protection of the people of Clallam County, including the control and prevention of any dangerous, contagious or infectious disease within the county.
- Provide for the prevention, control and abatement of nuisances detrimental to public health.
- Enforce, through the Health Officer, the public health statutes of the state and county.
- Establish fee schedules for issuing and renewing licenses and permits, or for such other services, as are authorized by the law and rules of the State Board of Health.
- Assure that environmental health issues address clean water, septics, and clean air.